1. Applications are invited from eligible candidates for total 3(Three) posts – 1 (One) reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 2 (Two) for Unreserved category (UR) candidates – of Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on purely contractual basis, with fixed hourly remuneration for dispensaries attached to Office buildings and residential colonies of Reserve Bank of India, Ahmedabad (herein after referred as the Bank) situated at Near Gandhi Bridge, Ahmedabad – 380014.
2. Eligible candidates may apply as per the format given in Annex – III only. Application should reach the Regional Director, Human Resource Management Department, Reserve Bank of India, 4th Floor, Main Office Building, Near Gandhi Bridge, Ahmedabad – 380014, on or before December 21, 2021. The application should be sent in a sealed cover super-scribed as ‘Application for the post of Bank’s Medical Consultant on Contract Basis’ or by email.
3. Candidates seeking reservation as Scheduled Tribe (ST) must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation and should also submit all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim along with the application.
4. Candidates are advised to thoroughly read this advertisement and satisfy themselves about their eligibility before submitting the application.
5. Corrigendum: Please note that Corrigendum, if any, issued on the above advertisement, will be published only on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in.
6. Applications not in the prescribed format or not accompanying copies of requisite documents / certificates will be summarily rejected.
Eligibility, Terms & Conditions:
1. The applicant should at a minimum, possess MBBS degree of any recognized university in the Allopathic system of medicine recognized by the Medical Council of India.
2. The applicant should have minimum of two years’ experience in practicing medicine in any hospital or clinic as a medical practitioner.
3. The applicant should have his/her dispensary or place of residence preferably within a radius of 10-15 kms from the Bank’s dispensaries at the below mentioned locations.
4. The remuneration of Bank’s Medical Consultant on contract basis will be fixed per hour basis. The remuneration will be paid with reference to the actual duty hours performed and will be all inclusive.
5. Empanelment/Contract of engagement will be for a period of three years. There will not be any renewal of engagement on completion of the contract. A fresh empanelment exercise will be undertaken after three years or at any time at Bank’s Discretion wherein existing doctors will be eligible to apply subject to the terms and conditions of the same.
6. The rate of remuneration and the duty hours are tabulated below:
||Name and Address of Dispensary
||Working [email protected]
||Working Hours @
||Reserve Bank of India Main Office Building Near Gandhi Bridge Ahmedabad – 380014
||Monday To Friday
||14:00 Hrs To 18:00 Hrs
||₹1,000/- per hour for the entire period of contract, i.e. 03 (three) years
Out of total monthly remuneration so payable, a sum of ₹1,000/- per month may be treated as conveyance expense.
||Reserve Bank of India Riverfront Building Ashram Road Ahmedabad – 380009
||Monday To Friday
||12:45 Hrs To 13:45 Hrs
||RBI Senior Officers’ Quarters, “Parag”, Near Commerce Six Roads, Navrangpura Ahmedabad – 380014
||Monday To Saturday
||17:00 Hrs To 20:00 Hrs
||RBI Staff Quarters “Utkarsh”, Near Subhash Bridge, Ahmedabad – 380027
||Monday To Saturday
||08:00 Hrs To 12:00 Hrs
|@Subject to change as per requirement
7. The Reserve Bank of India reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time, alter the duty hours as well as the dispensary to be attached for the Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) at its discretion, in case it becomes expedient for administrative and operative requirements. Accordingly, the selected candidate/s may have to attend to dispensaries of the Bank as advised from time to time.
8. A. Candidates seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC, shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the central government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Government of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site http://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list of caste for each state is available on the site http://www.ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted. Further the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
Candidates belonging to OBC category but falling under the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation. OBC candidates availing reservation benefit will have to produce OBC certificate issued after March 31, 2021 with Non-Creamy Layer clause as per Government of India guidelines.
B. The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him/her based on his/her father’s OBC certificate from the State to which his/her (father) originally belongs. No change in the community status already indicated in the application by a candidate will be allowed subsequently.
9. Engagement of Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates on contract basis is provisional and is subject to Verification of the Caste Certificate from the competent authority. If the verification reveals that the claim to belong to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Other Backward Classes (OBC) is false the services of such candidate shall be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reason and the Bank reserves the right to take such legal action as it may deem fit.
1. The Bank will be conducting interviews for the eligible candidates, for which all eligible candidates will be advised suitably.
2. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc., in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. Mere fulfilling the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
3. Apart from those who may be called for interview, the Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants who are not found eligible / not considered eligible for interviews.
4. Applicants shortlisted after the interview will be subjected to medical examination tests, document verification etc. before engagement as Bank’s Medical Consultant.
5. Candidates selected for the panel will be appointed for the post as and when they fall vacant subject to acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Contract as per Annex – I and Code of Conduct as per Annex-II.
6. The selected candidate has to sign an agreement for contract with the Bank before engagement as Bank’s Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
Engagement of Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration – Terms and Conditions of the Contract
1. To attend to the Bank’s dispensary during prescribed duty hours as mentioned in the advertisement (Eligibility, Terms and Conditions) or for longer periods as may be necessary excluding Bank holidays except days declared as holidays subject to the condition that the dispensary will not be kept closed for two successive days. The Bank may use the services of Bank’s Medial Consultant at its other dispensaries as per requirement.
2. To give advice free of charge, prescribe medicines and administer injections free of charge to the members of the staff, the members of their families including dependent parents and retired employee members / their spouses who are members of the Medical Assistance Fund Scheme, who present themselves during the dispensary timings (duration may be changed as and when considered necessary by the Bank). The above facility should also be extended to staff of the other offices of the Bank on tour or visit to Ahmedabad. You will be available for consultation at your private clinic, in urgent cases, for employees of the Bank at any time with charges at the rate prescribed in the schedule. The Schedule of charges applicable to the staff/Officers of the Bank would be made available on request.
3. To provide the facilities referred to in paragraph (2) above to the relatives of the employees who have been permitted to reside with them in the Staff Quarters and facilitate recovery of charges from the employees for credit to the Bank’s account at the rates prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
4. To perform duties similar to those of a General Medical Practitioner irrespective of whatever post-graduate or other medical qualifications you may possess / acquire in future. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that the qualifications you hold or acquire in future do not restrict you in any manner from rendering the services required of a General Medical Practitioner and if as per any stipulations by the Indian Medical Association, the qualification you hold or acquire as the case may be, comes into conflict with the Bank’s requirements as indicated above, to work as a general practitioner, you will be required to ensure that no liability or responsibility on this account devolves on the Bank under any circumstances and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank at all times against the same.
5. The duties at the Bank’s dispensary will also include the following apart from the requirements mentioned above:
i) Treatment of minor and major illness for which the employees and their dependents may call upon you.
ii) Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensary or in the departments or in the Bank’s premises or outside the Bank’s premises and reference to appropriate Hospitals whenever called upon to attend even when such necessity arises outside normal working hours.
iii) Administration of all types of injections – The responsibility for administering all types of injections rests with you for any untoward reaction. As a rule, administration of injections by the Pharmacists in your absence is discouraged. You will be required to train the Pharmacists to administer routine and simple type of injections when the work is heavy.
iv) The important dressings and minor surgeries are to be handled only by you. If you are convinced that the Pharmacists have the requisite competence, routine dressings may be handled by them.
v) In case of Cardio-vascular or other major emergencies and accidents, you should accompany the patient to the hospital, if you are available at the location.
6. To visit any member of the Bank’s Staff staying in the Quarters whenever required to do so by the Bank and submit a report on their health. For such visits you will be paid visit fees as per the schedule of rates fixed by the Bank.
7. To issue certificate in support of leave on medical grounds wherever necessary and countersign the certificates produced by the employees from other qualified medical practitioners, if you are satisfied about the genuineness of the case.
8. To attend to the officers and members of their family at their residence when required by them and will be entitled to charge them a visit fee or consultation fee, as fixed by the Bank having regard to the local conditions. The visit fee / consultation fee, so fixed, will be inclusive of charges for administration of injections, etc. No other charges shall be levied by you for such visits.
9. If and when required to do so, you will certify in such form as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to the state of health and / or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment at any Office of the Bank.
10. To issue order forms (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special / costly drugs or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank’s staff and forward copies thereof to the Bank for payment of the relative bills.
11. To use your good offices for securing hospital facilities in case the employees of the Bank or their families (for indoor hospitalization under Direct Settlement Facility) require such facilities in the hospital.
12. To inspect the Office premises/Staff Quarters and Officer’s Quarters, Officer’s Lounge, Staff Canteen once a month and report whether they are kept in a sanitary and hygienic condition.
13. To do prophylactic inoculations for typhoid, etc. and vaccination for small – pox whenever necessary.
14. To submit an annual report as on the 30th June in the prescribed form on the general health of the staff.
15. To ensure proper storage, inventory and judicious dispensation/ distribution of medicines as also maintenance of all records as prescribed.
16. To advise on drug indents, and to counter-check the drug stock-balance and consumption.
17. To give professional opinion including reasonableness of the cost of treatment pertaining to the various items of medical claims as and when the same are referred to you.
18. To attend to any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time relating to administration of Bank’s Medical Facilities Scheme and Medical Assistance Fund Scheme including dispensary facility as are generally performed / required to be performed by a General Medical Practitioner.
19. The remuneration is fixed at ₹1,000/- per hour for the entire period of contract i.e. 3 years. The fixed remuneration is payable on a monthly basis. Out of the total monthly remuneration so payable, a sum of ₹1,000/- per month will be treated as conveyance expenses. Further, no superannuation benefits viz. Pension, Provident Fund or Gratuity will be payable. No leave, perquisites/facilities would be admissible. If required to attend to the Dispensary on any public holiday, compensation @ ₹1,000/- per hour shall be paid. Taxes on the income would be deducted at sources as per extant rates and Government notifications.
20. In the event of BMC’s absenting from duty, you shall be required to make substitute arrangements of doctor/s acceptable to the Bank viz., in terms of qualification and experience at your own risk and cost. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days per month.
21. BMCs will be under the administrative control of the General Manager / Deputy General Manager, Human Resource Management Department, Reserve Bank of India, Ahmedabad.
22. BMCs will be required to adhere to the Code of Conduct of Bank’s Medical Consultant as given in Annex-II.
23. The contract will be valid for a period of three years from the date of engagement subject to your accepting the above Terms and Conditions.
24. The engagement under the contract is temporary. No claim shall lie for regular employment on that basis at any stage or for pay and perks payable to regular employees of the Bank.
25. The contract will be terminable during the period of the contract, on three months’ notice on either side or three months’ remuneration calculated on the basis of per month in lieu thereof.
26. The Bank reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time and alter the duty hours and the duty dispensary at its discretion in case it becomes expedient for administrative and operative requirements.
27. Any dispute arising on account of the contract shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Ahmedabad.
Engagement of Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration – Code of Conduct for BMC engaged
1. Every Bank’s Medical Consultant shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to him / her by any person or persons under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he / she may for the time being be placed.
2. Every Bank’s Medical Consultant shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the Bank’s Staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer of the Bank in the discharge of his/her duties. No Bank’s Medical Consultant shall contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his/her possession in his/her capacity as Bank’s Medical Consultant. The Bank’s Medical Consultant shall indemnify the Bank for any loss suffered by the Bank as a result of disclosure of any confidential information.
3. Every Bank’s Medical Consultant shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his / her utmost endeavour to promote the interests of the Bank and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
4. No Bank’s Medical Consultant shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration or stand for election as member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body.
5. No Bank’s Medical Consultant shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any trade union or a federation of such trade union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his / her terms and conditions of contract.
6. A Bank’s Medical Consultant shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee.
7. A Bank’s Medical Consultant shall not absent from his / her duties without the permission from the Bank and without making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his / her absence. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days per month.
8. A Bank’s Medical Consultant shall not outsource his / her service to the Bank.
9. A Bank’s Medical Consultant will:
a) strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area in which he / she may, for the time being, happen to be;
b) not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and shall also take care that performance of his / her duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of such drink or drug;
c) refrain from consuming, in a public place, any intoxicating drink or drug;
d) not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication and
e) not use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess.
Explanation: The term “public place” would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise”.
10. Bank’s Medical Consultant shall not indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any woman at work place.
Explanation: For this purpose, “Sexual Harassment” shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behaviour, whether directly or by implication as:
a) Physical contact and advances,
b) Demand or request for sexual favours,
c) Sexually coloured remarks,
d) Showing pornography,
e) Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature besides, all such definition / interpretation as applicable in the statute / laws.
11. The contract is liable to be terminated if a Bank’s Medical Consultant is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
12. Bank’s Medical Consultant shall not give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give solicit or receive, any gift, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for the referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment. He / She shall not directly or indirectly participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
13. The provision at 12 above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by him / her or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study / work.
14. The contract is liable to be terminated in case a Bank’s Medical consultant commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him / her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.